Note to readers:

Friday, June 15, 2012

Outsider's Perspective

Guest Post
   
    Before I met A.Z. I had never even heard of the possibility of bigfoots being real.  I thought it was on the same level as mermaids, ghosts and the Loch Ness monster.  In fact, I thought that it was just one mystical creature -- Bigfoot -- not an entire species, making it even harder for me to consider the idea since it would have had to been living for hundreds of years.
     
    However, now that I have been exposed to the whole world of bigfooting I am learning some of the finer points of what people believe the species may be like. From its suspected calls and whoops to its walking patterns and habits, I am being exposed to it all. Nevertheless, I must admit I am not a believer. I am not someone who completely dismisses the idea though. 
     
    There are major trust issues between the rest of the world and the bigfoot community and I think I have fallen victim to that. Another blurry video of “bigfoot”, a grouping of sightings in the same area, or a new footprint draws hardly any attention from the media and is not given any credence from the outside world because of the stigma that is against the whole idea of believing in something that the majority think to be mystical and has no chance of existing. 

      
   On the other hand, back in 2004 when blurry video was caught of a thought-to-be-extinct Ivory-billed Woodpecker and there were eight sightings in one area over the course of a year, there was loads of media coverage. People were much more willing to believe in, and admit that they believed in, the reemergence of a bird than the emergence of bigfoot. For more information on this mysterious bird, check out the video to the right from Texas Parks and Wildlife. The 2004 video can be seen at 0:58.
     
    Therefore I am left wanting to be able to convince myself that there are bigfoots out there, but not being able to. I am just not able to overcome the need for extremely definitive evidence and the societal dismissal of the idea. Despite this, I admire those greatly who do believe in bigfoots and I hope one day that crucial piece of evidence you need will come and you do get the coverage you deserve.

Thanks for reading!

-E.R.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments clean and constructive.

Top Posts