Note to readers:

Monday, June 18, 2012

Out of the wilderness

Flower and barrack at Warner Robins AFB, Ga.
    It has been a hot, sweaty, wet, and at times, perilous eight days in the woods of North Georgia, but I am very pleased to announce that I am now back and ready to surge forward with new and (hopefully) interesting content! I was only run over by one raft while riding the white waters of the Nantahala and stung just once by a scorpion who decided my sheet was a comfortable place to spend the night. Now I'm back at my laptop, so here we go!

    For the past few weeks I have been in contact with the The Sasquatch Hunters, a Florida based research organization. I am very pleased to announce that I will be attending their Central Florida expedition this August, which will be my first experience with bigfoot field research. I am interested in the ideas this group brings to the table when out in the field. Their ability to mobilize a decent sized team of bigfooters as well as a large amount of expensive equipment has really caught my interest. The amount of money this group has put into purchasing gear is quite staggering considering they do not charge for attendance on their expeditions. If anything, this increases my faith in their genuine desire to work towards answering the question of an undiscovered North American great ape's existence. Conversing with the group's founder, Stacy Brown Jr., I am reassured that the group is serious about what they do. In the past they have traveled throughout Florida and Georgia, with occasional trips to Mississippi and Tennessee, in search of the big guy. Their team consists of interested bigfooters from all background and walks of life. A recent addition is the esteemed Tim Whitfield:
"Tim has been an adjunct professor at Saint Petersburg College and St. Leo University where he was instrumental in helping to establish both forensic science programs, having authored all 6 forensic courses at St. Leo University. Tim has also been an adjunct instructor in Forensic Investigation Classes at the Institute of Police Technology and Management out of the University of North Florida since 1987, having taught classes internationally and in over 40 states."
    Mr. Whitfield will be working as an evidence consultant for the team and has already attended one expedition. On the Central Florida expedition he will be teaching a lesson on how to properly collect and analyze DNA evidence in the field, something he has done for many years. As well, other members of the team will be teaching classes in various areas, depending upon their expertise. With a line up like this and the dedication I have witnessed, I feel my experience with The Sasquatch Hunters will be a good one. Here's to a hopeful tomorrow!

    Interested in joining The Sasquatch Hunters on an expedition or as a member? Click here.

    Thanks for reading!

 - A.Z.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments clean and constructive.

Top Posts