Note to readers:

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Out of town

Underwear on the flag pole - Summer camp 09'
    Well it's that time of the year again folks -- time for A-frame tents and mosquitos, woodcrafts and pranks, scouting and learning -- time for summer camp! As you may or may not know, when I'm not blogging about the big guy I am also an Eagle scout and adult leader in my local Boy Scout troop. Each year we take a seven to eight day camping trip to one of the BSA's esteemed summer camps around the country. This year we're headed to Camp Sidney Dew in Northwestern Georgia.

    I'll be in the woods from the 9th to the 17th, but have no fear, I have prepared some posts to be published during the duration of my time away. If everything falls into place, I may even have a post from a guest writer!

    I'm not expecting to get any legitimate bigfoot research done while at camp (helping to manage a troop of hyperactive scouts hinders investigation), however, I will keep my eyes open and hope to find some time to do a bit of hiking. The BFRO reports four sightings near Rome, GA. The most recent of which occurred in June of 2011. All of the reports come from the general area surrounding the Chattahoochee National Forest, which camp Sidney Dew borders to the south. I'm sure having 200+ scouts running about causing an uproar will not lend itself well to attracting any encounters, but who knows.

    So keep your fingers crossed for me! It's gonna be a hot, but exciting eight days!

    See y'all soon!

 - A.Z.

1 comment:

Please keep comments clean and constructive.

Top Posts