Note to readers:

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Uno

**This was originally posted 4 / 10 / 2012 on my old blog.**

Good evening everyone!

I have been working on getting this site up and running for a while now and the idea of a blog for it has been fermenting in the back of my head so... 


I am happy to say that na-ga.weebly.com is nearing an acceptable condition for me to unleash it upon the world (aka my friends and family and whatever audience that somehow finds this buried in more popular webpages). As of now I have added two articles here and here and completed the photos, videos, and resources pages. I expect to have the site fully up and running by the end of the week. 
Please feel free to reach out with any questions, comments, or concerns via the contact page.

na-ga.weebly.com started as a final project I was assigned in my ENC1102 course at Florida State. When I began writing for the project I realized that I really enjoyed working on it. Furthermore, not many people on the vast realm of the interwebs seem to have websites dedicated to aggregating and relaying basic knowledge on bigfoot. So, this means that 1.) I have found a specific niche to fill, or 2.) All of the other similar sites failed horribly and left the creator writhing in despair. I'm hoping it's the first one!

I do not intend na-ga.weebly.com to be dedicated to reporting bigfoot news so much as relaying general information for those who are new to the bigfoot world. Think of it as a jumping off point (Your virtual diving board into the deep and murky pool that is the world of online bigfoot research. Did I mention it's probably a high dive?). Other sites such as Bigfoot Evidence and Cryptomundo are more dedicated to news and updates, so I'll leave the avid reporting to them. Of course, however, I will be blogging about events in the bigfooting world that catch my eye. (Take for instance, two well known Florida bigfooters teaming up. And I am sure I will link to Dr. Melba Ketchum's paper on the alleged analysis of bigfoot DNA by multiple scholarly, reliable sources when it is published.) 

If you are new: 
1.) Woo! I hit my target audience!
2.) I suggest browsing the resources list I have compiled for further information and more in depth articles on the North American Great Ape. There is a ton of information out there that I avoided in an attempt to keep my articles short and to the point. (Example: Sasquatches are not limited to just North America. There are sightings and reports of similar creatures from all around the world. However, the most active research community is in North America, thus I keep my focus there. I mean, ins't one continent is enough for a lowly college student?)

I have had a bit of confusion as to the naming of this website, so just to clarify, "na-ga" stands for North American Great Ape. Naga.weebly.com was already taken, so I was forced to get creative. (Yes, a dash is my version of getting creative.) But look at the upside, if you ignore the "http://" and take out the ".weebly" you are left with a short and simple webaddress: www.na-ga.com. (Disregarding that this won't actually get you to the site...)

Also, please note:
As spell check continues to remind me, the "proper" way to spell "bigfoot" is with a capital "B". However, I feel this does a disservice to the species, making it appear more as some individual mystical creature and not an actual animal. (Which I firmly believe it is.) Also, spell check annoys me with those little red squiggly lines, so bugger off spell check! I do what I want!   

Thanks for reading and stopping by,
Here's to a productive tomorrow! 

- A.Z.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments clean and constructive.

Top Posts