Note to readers:

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Vehicular Observation Blinds

**This was originally posted on 05 / 10 / 2012 on my old blog.**

    Veteran bigfoot researcher and BFRO member, Matt Pruitt, has been involved with the BFRO since 2007. His official position within the organization is listed as "field coordinator and investigator." Recently, his research blog hosted a story about a very interesting field research strategy: using a vehicle as an observation blind.

    Throughout the vast expanse of the internet I have personally heard many ideas on how best to conduct field research when searching for the big guy. Using your vehicle to your advantage is a new one for me, and yet, an idea I think could actually work. In short, the underlying concept is to play on the sasquatches' curiosity. As with most other intelligent animals, nearly all great apes are curious and will often come by to check out what us strange humans are doing. One can assume the same applies to sasquatches. As Pruitt points out, many nature lovers return with stories of late night campsite visits from North America's great ape. Could it be that our strange, man-made structures are subjects of interest for bigfoots? If this is the case, using one's vehicle to encourage a bigfoot encounter isn't a bad idea at all.

    Essentially, Pruitt suggests parking one's car in a "squatchy" area, setting up audio recording equipment, and spending the night inside your vehicle with a camera near at hand. When (and, I suppose, if) the big guy decides to come by and figure out what this new metal contraption is doing in the middle of his forest, a lucky researcher might just end up with some great video footage (assuming the researcher doesn't fall asleep waiting. I know this would be my problem!).

    Personally, I would love to try this idea. It seems to be a great way for a solo researcher (aka myself, if I can't convince any of my friends to waste their night with me in the middle of Ocala National Forest this summer) to conduct an effective investigation. Regretfully, my car's lack of tinted windows seems to be a disadvantage for this type of research, not to mention my ground clearance would most likely prevent traveling to any areas considered anything near "squatchy" (I'm working with a corolla here folks, give me a break).

    Pruitt's blog goes much more in-depth on this idea, giving examples of how to effectively assemble a vehicle observation blind, as well as recommending effective equipment for the task.

    This vehicle idea is just one of the very intriguing articles I found on Pruitt's blog. Be sure to drop by and check out what he has to say (I'm sure you won't regret it).


    Pruitt's blog can be found at: http://mattpruittonline.blogspot.com/

Thanks for reading,

- A.Z.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments clean and constructive.

Top Posts